Thursday, June 5, 2014

Starburst Birthday Cards

Saturday night I worked on a couple of birthday cards.  I'd seen an example with measurements on Pinterest and thought ... I can do that!  I picked out 6 different pieces of paper that went together.  Okay, so I'm not sure mine all matched, but I felt they were all either birthday or celebration paper! 

You were to cut out 6 rectangles: 

4.5 x 1.5
4 x 1.5
3 x 1.5
3 x 1.5
2 x 1.5
2 x 1.5

Then each of these you cut into triangles, cutting from corner to opposite corner.  You then position them around the paper you're mounting them to as you see fit ... they'll hang off the edges, and that's okay.  Once they're glued down how you like, you can cut around the square to get the starburst effect.

I then cut out a circle and used an old Creative Memories stamp that fit in the circle. 

Here's my first attempt:


I liked it, but I thought it might look cute if I had a border all the way around it, not just white edges.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment